A PIECE ON WORLD PEACE
I am going to try and explain this in the manner of the confusion that it is. It is neither persuasive or argumentative, What I am envisioning is a piece a piece on World Peace.
- Dealing with the first wave was like a sprint, the second will be more like a marathon.
- A wedding in Maine is linked to 176 Covid-19 cases and the deaths of seven people who didn’t attend the celebration, demonstrating just how easily and quickly the virus can spread at social gatherings, public health experts say.
- President Donald Trump knew back in the spring that it would probably take a year to develop a coronavirus vaccine, according to interviews with journalist Bob Woodward.
- Holiday season starts under pall of more than 100,000 new Covid-19 cases. And 20 states did not report numbers on Thanksgiving DayAmerica enters the somber holiday weekend following a Thanksgiving Day that saw more than 100,000 new Covid-19 cases and 1,200 deaths — skyrocketing numbers given that 20 states did not report data.
- Iran’s top nuclear scientist, Mohsen Fakhrizadeh, was killed on Friday near Tehran, state media has reported.
- In a 5-4 decision on Thanksgiving Eve, the Supreme Court decidedly tipped its scales in favor of religion, write Austin Sarat and Dennis Aftergut. This may well represent a preview of what is coming in other areas, such as gay rights, where religious objections are raised to government regulation, they write.
- Justice Department rushing to expand execution methods like firing squads for federal death row inmatesThe Justice Department has rushed to change the rules around federal death penalties as they expedite a slew of scheduled executions in the final days of the Trump administration, including expanding possible execution methods to include electrocution and death by firing squad.
- We’ve rounded up some of the top picks you can find on sale at a steal this week, from 50% off an Instant Pot to deals on Lululemon apparel, Le Creuset kitchenwaren, Ugg footwear, Glossier beauty products and more.
- Leaders of the Local Initiatives Support Coalition (LISC) say their organization has received a record total of about $2 billion dollars in donations this year from companies looking to aid people of color.